Return to Hockey – ‘Step 4’
With the recent England Hockey announcement, we are pleased to say that we are preparing to move to ‘Step 4’ of their Return to Hockey plan.
Our aim is to move to ‘Step 4’ for senior training week commencing 17 August and for junior training in September.
BUT several steps need to be put in place before we do. Everyone involved in the Club – players, coaches, volunteers, officials and spectators – has a responsibility to read and comply with the England Hockey guidelines.
Hockey participation from 17 August 2020 – mandatory:
If you wish to play hockey from 17 August and onwards you MUST:
- Click on the below link and complete the online England Hockey Participant Agreement ASAP to agree to follow the England Hockey Terms and Conditions and Code of Ethics and Behaviour:
England Hockey Participant Agreement – please complete online (opens in new tab)
Please note – you will not be eligible to play until you have completed the EH Participant Agreement.
- Read and follow the England Hockey ‘Step 4’ Advice for Participants. A summary of the guidelines will be displayed on posters at OSL. Both are available to download below.
- Go through the Covid-19 Symptoms Self-Assessment Check before every training session or game. You should NOT leave home to participate in any form of hockey if you, or someone you live with, has any of the following:
- High temperature (above 37.8 degrees C)
- New, continuous cough
- Loss of, or change to, sense of smell or taste
- Listen actively to the Safety Briefing at every training session/game.
- Continue to adhere to the following guidance (as set out in Phase 2):
- Place the utmost respect on the safety and health of others.
- Register in advance for training and matches via teamo. (EH require a record of attendance)
- Allow others to leave before you enter the pitch – if you need to wait then do so away from the pitch and clear of the gates.
- When off the pitch and/or on the sideline social distance at 2 metres in maximum sized groups of 6 people.
- Use your own equipment and bring labelled water bottles and hand sanitiser with you.
- Only touch balls with your stick or feet. Do not share or touch other equipment.
- Arrival at Old Schools Lane should be no more than 5 minutes prior to your training session.
- Please leave the site promptly. Do not stop to chat with others as you leave. Avoid congregating in the car park, around portacabins, pitch side or on any grass areas at OSL.
- Follow best practice for travel guidelines i.e. where possible, travel on your own or in your bubble or household group. If this is not possible, follow the guidelines set out in EH Advice for Participants – Access & Arrival.
Opening of the site is subject to a designated Club Representative being present to manage access to facilities and ensure guidelines are being followed.
Please ensure you are registered with teamo:
Epsom HC Covid Officer
Our appointed Covid Officer is Emma Dale.
If you show symptoms of Covid-19 DO NOT attend training or a game, phone NHS Track and Trace and let our Covid Officer know immediately
Learn more about returning to hockey, the policies and guidelines on our website page here: Covid-19: Return to Hockey (opens in new tab).
Old Schools Lane – Pitch Facilities
In accordance to the guidelines, facilities such as changing rooms and toilets continue to have limited use.
– Please note changing rooms will remain closed so please come changed and ready to play. For August training sessions toilets will also remain closed.
– When pre-season friendly matches start, toilet facilities will be opened. For safety and hygiene purposes it is important to keep use of toilets to a minimum. They will be mainly for use by opposition travelling a distance to OSL.
– Anyone using the toilet facilities must adhere to the published guidelines i.e. one person in/one person out policy, maintain social distance of 2m whilst queuing, use hand sanitiser as you enter and leave, wipe down touched surfaces after use, etc.