We are delighted to be able to offer summer hockey coaching for our junior members as a result of the recent updated guidelines (Phase 2) from the Government & England Hockey. We will be running 8 weeks of coaching from Monday 8 June to Friday 31 July.
The sessions will last for 45 minutes and involve small groups (5 children and 1 coach) divided into quarters of the pitch with a maximum of 4 groups (20 children) per session.
The training schedule can be found here. Please note that the age groups for these sessions will be as for the coming season. For example, this will mean that current Year 7 children will move to U14, current Year 9 children will move to U16 etc.
Guidelines and safety rules in lockdown
We will be following the England Hockey guidelines inline with Club specific requirements. Above all, the safety of our members and their families, volunteers and club staff is paramount. With this in mind we would draw your attention to the following:
- All players and coaches must maintain Government social distancing rules at all times when at Old Schools Lane, whether on the pitch or walking to and from the car park. Please keep 2 metres apart.
- Every child (anyone U18 years old) must be accompanied by a parent who must stay within viewing distance of the pitch for the duration of the session.
- Children will be split into a coaching ‘pod’ of 5 at the start of each session with a dedicated coach assigned to them.
- Coaches and children will not be permitted to move between pods during the session.
- Portacabins will remain closed meaning all toilets, handwashing or refreshment facilities will not be available.
- Click here for our guide to playing hockey under lockdown.
New member enquiries
Junior summer hockey training sessions are currently for Epsom Hockey Club members only. Please get in touch if you would like to join us!
We look forward to seeing you and your families down at Old Schools Lane in the coming weeks.
Junior Chair, Epsom HC